Harbour City Bears is Sydney’s only community group for bears – hairy gay men – our admirers and friends.We hold over 140 events each year – with weekly socials, dance parties, dinners and other outings through the year.
- two annual festivals – Bear Essentials during Mardi Gras, and Bear Pride in the cooler months, which attract visitors from interstate and overseas to celebrate Sydney’s vibrant bear culture.
- dance parties including Chunky, Bear Pit and the iconic Underbear.
- socials every Friday night at Kinselas Hotel in Darlinghurst and Sundayafternoon at The Bank Hotel in Newtown.
- Press Paws, a monthly gaymer event
- community health & well-being events
- fundraising for community charities
The proceeds from our events and fundraising are all invested back into the club, or donated to the community charities that we support.