Newcastle Pride is an inclusive, vibrant and fun not-for-profit Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ+) community-based organisation established in 2018. Newcastle Pride celebrates sexuality and gender diversity in Newcastle and the Hunter Region within and outside our community. We collaborate with others within our community and with the wider community to foster LGBTIQ+ Pride.
Our vision is to empower all LGBTIQ+ people to find their voice and be proud. We aspire to a safer, more inclusive future. For more information on how to support Newcastle Pride by becoming a member https://newcastlepride.com.au/join-us/
Newcastle Pride Festival
The Newcastle Pride Festival is Newcastle Pride’s major initiative and is an exciting, glamorous and “out n’ proud” series of events that aims to showcase to locals and visitors that Newcastle is a city of diversity, culture and beauty, and promotes the Hunter Region’s natural and other assets. The Festival is an on-going annual event, bringing our community together in unity, so as to leave a legacy for LGBTIQ+ youth, and fostering a vibrant and supportive future community.
The 2021 Newcastle Pride Festival is Newcastle’s third LGBTIQ+ Pride Festival (Australia’s largest regional Pride Festival) and will be held October 23 – November 27.
The Newcastle Pride Festival program for 2021 is as follows: This is Me!
The rescheduled events will run from Saturday 23 October to Saturday 27 November on the below dates:
1. Saturday 23 October, 7pm-10:30pm — Rocky Horror Picture Show at Maitland Gaol
2. Saturday 6 November, 10am-9pm — Pride Fair Day at Camp Shortland
3. Saturday 6 November, 8pm-late — ‘Strut’ Recovery Dance Party at The Lass O’Gowrie Hotel
4. Saturday 13 November, 10am-2pm — ‘Eat to the Beat’ Brunch at Ka-fey Cafe
5. Saturday 13 November, 6pm-12am — ‘MasQUEERade’ Youth Formal at PCYC Broadmeadow
6. Saturday 20 November, 2pm-9pm — ‘Pride By Night’ Street Feast & 80s Bike Ride at Speers Point Park
7. Saturday 27 November, 7pm-12am — ‘Trans Glamore’ at Corset Bar
For more information about the Festival and how to buy tickets https://newcastlepride.com.au/events/